25 February 2013

Nails Inc Kensington Caviar plumping gel effect top coat

Hey guys

I recently bought a set from QVC containing full size bottles of the new Nails Inc Kensington Caviar plumping gel effect base and top coats and three mini polishes.This is currently at a try me price of almost £19 plus p&p; a saving of almost £4 from the regular price and a massive saving of £39 if the top, base and minis were all bought separately directly from Nails Inc!

I firstly applied the top coat over the mani I was wearing when my order was delivered and I liked the effect but noticed that the polish was slightly cracked at the corners when I woke up the next morning. The picture was taken not long after I applied the top coat.

I decided to replace that mani and used 1 coat of both the base and top coats with three thin coats of Nails Inc Bluebell which was free with a magazine last year.

I have been wearing Bluebell since Saturday evening and it's now Monday evening. This photo was taken earlier this afternoon and it's still looking pretty good in my opinion. 

Have any of you tried the gel effect top and base coats? How did you find them?

Lou x

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to try the set and the price on QVC is really good, but haven't really heard great things. I like to change my mani every 2-3 days anyway so I think this would be wasted on me lol x

    www.nailtheday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I got the set from QVC instead of buying them separately. My second attempt at using it was definitely better than the first although I got a chip when I was washing my hair, I put that down to having a bit of a split on the corner of my nail though. If you don't keep a mani on very long I don't think it's something you need x

      Delete